Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Spinning Package - and what a package!!

I got my Spinning Pal swap package today! Just in time!!

What do I mean? Well, let me show you what was in the package, and I'll explain...

Here's the big picture of all the wonderful things I got from BusyMamaof3! It includes 4 oz of hand dyed superwash pencil roving in a great rut-busting color for me (I know, different swap, but it works here too!). It's red with tones of oranges and browns. Looks like a GREAT pair of socks to me... The other roving is baby alpaca and silk! Yummy!! It too is nearly 4 oz...what to do, what to do...

I got a great mug with my initial on it, potpourri, shea butter hand cream (how did you know that I love to have one of these in my bag!), and magnetic bookmarks! What a great tool for keeping my place as I'm knitting socks out of my NEW SOCK BOOK!!

Below you can see a little closer the two fibers. I think the black is all natural colors...it's nearly black with white streaks from the silk.

So, I mentioned perfect timing and a dilemma.... Well, I'm not sure if I'd really looked through this book before or not, but I have to say, this is the PERFECT book for me!! I'm never one to remain a slave to a particular construction technique...and THIS gives me the freedom to have multiple techniques at my fingertips! The dilemma is...I had just finally (at dinner!) decided on what pattern I would use for LkManitou's socks...and, well...now I'll have to think about that a little more.

3 comments:

spinndiva said...

great package!!!! Love the black alpaca!!

Batty said...

Oh, wow. Now that's an amazing package. Black alpaca, I think I'm melting. And that's one of my favorite sock books right there.

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy my package - it should be on your doorstep by next week!