First, for anyone who will be in the Orlando area this weekend, it's time once again for our annual Distaff Day event!
“SOCKS” - South Orlando Crocheters, Knitters and Spinners
Date: Saturday, January 17th, 2009
Time: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
4700 Lincoln Ave.
Orlando, FL 32819
Cost: $6.00 – We are being charged for the room this year.
What to Bring:
1. Spinning Wheel, Knitting, Weaving, Beading, etc. (whatever you have put away, or not, and want to work on)
2. Bag Lunch – There is a Publix and Albertson’s close by with a deli if any one forgets.
3. Coffee or Tea mug - The Hosting Guilds will provide the beverage and treats.
4. Item for the “Yankee Swap” Put in a plain paper bag and seal so the contents cannot be viewed. This item should have a value of up to $20.00 and should also be something that if you get you will be thrilled!!! (Because you might!!) NEW THIS YEAR - We have so many talented participants, please put your name inside your swap item, so we can give credit where credit is due!!!!!!
5. Items for the “Sale Table” Just like last year. Items that you have decided you might not want and would like to sell. Put a tag on the item with you name and price.
6. FREE TABLE – Some people prefer just to give things away, so get to the “Distaff Day” early “The early bird gets the worm!!”
7. The Fashion Show /Show and Tell– Bring an item you made this year and share with us your experience and talent!!!!
Second, and on a more personal note, things with Jason have been going VERY well! We spent Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Years together, traveled to Macon to visit friends, and Hilton Head Island for a weekend getaway.
Now the new year has begun and it's time to move on to the next step.... He got a job last week, and we're moving in three weeks!! If you happen to have a strong and able bodied man in your life who'd be interested in helping us move, D Day will be Sunday, February 1st. As for the move, it'll be close for me...we're moving to a bigger apartment in my complex.
I have been knitting, but I haven't had any time to take pictures lately. I'm knitting the Elizabeth I - Glorianna scarves for members of my wedding party. The first one is on the needles and about half done!