Monday, April 14, 2008

Hogwarts Revealed!

Sorry it's been a while since my last update... I have SOOO much to say here, but know that if I try to write a marathon post, I'll just give up, because there's too much. So, going to try to break it up into a couple of smaller posts.

I know my regular readers have probably seen the various Harry Potter posts over the past few months and said Huh? It was for the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 4 event that I participated in. While I was away, I got my package, from the lovely Selina Starfire!

Look, Look! I got a BROOM in the mail!!! It's really too bad this came after the deadline for "best package" submissions, because I think maybe the broom might have put her over the top!

There was lots of other great stuff in here too! A real light up wand, a lovely little tin that contains my yarn and BEADS for the socks! Some great candies, including my first package of Bertie Bots...do I dare?
The sock pattern is the Beaded Swirls Socks. These really are lovely! It'll be my first experience with stringing beads... will probably give me that much more appreciation for Judy Pascale's beading techniques!! (More on Judy's classes this weekend in another post at another time).


Also got a great Knitting Stitch Bible, this LOVELY hand-knit/lined project bag, beautiful beaded stitch markers, a copy of Knitter's magazine... What a cool, fun package!
Thanks Selina!!

1 comment:

Batty said...

A broom of your very own, that's fabulous!