Sunday, June 15, 2008

Where DID the time go?

I've thought about blogging many times in the past month...and I know that at least a few of you out there are still trying to read (Hi Maggie!!). It's just that there's been SOOO much going on that it was hard to even drag myself back...

So, this will be the abbreviated version...captions and highlights, to try to get me back on track...

I went up to NY at the beginning of April - this is my adorable niece at 15 mo...



Here's a pair of Baby Surprise Jackets I made for Adeline's "impending twins". I mailed them on 5/14 and they were born on 5/15! A boy and a girl, one of each.

Some yarns I finished in May...the first is from our spinning class in January. It's the first thing that I've successfully Navajo plyed! The second is a skein of merino spun on the Great Wheel.

In Mid April, Judy Pascale came down for another class. As always she was a wonderful teacher and great person to hang out with! The first is a reversible cable bag - LOVE it!!

This is the start of a beaded bag. I'm making it to match my Amazing Techicolor Dreamcoat (which is coming along well).

Also in April I did a lot of cleaning and reorganizing. Bought two awesome shelves from Ikea that have completely changed my living space. The kitties approve. It's not DONE, but it's much better than it was. I also had a yard sale in April to get rid of a lot of stuff that just needed to GO!

Since then, I've joined the Society for Creative Anacronysm, more commonly known as the SCA. In a nutshell it's learning about and playing in the middle ages. I need a persona, which I've started to develop. It's heavily rooted in family history - I'm experimenting with the name Raeghel after my Dutch maternal ancestor in this country, Rachel. I've been to two events, made three dresses, have plans for more dresses. In addition, I've learned Naalbinding, a yarn and needle technique that predates knitting. I have much more to learn about it, but you have to start somewhere! I'm also interested in learning about Inkle Weaving and Tablet Weaving. Here's the Inkle Loom that M, B, and I made last week. Haven't warped it or tried it out just yet...but will very soon.

Also recently got a fabulous book about Great Wheels written by Katy Turner. She has a deep level of respect and love for the Great Wheel, and reading her book has gotten me interested in digging deeper into the exploration of my Great.

I hope you can see, with all that, and knowing that you are getting only the highest level version, why I haven't been here much... But I promise to try to be better about it, now that I've caught up with the past.

Oh, and I'm thrilled to report that I got a new laptop in the middle of that too, which has improved my computing experiences greatly!!

1 comment:

cyndy said...

You HAVE been busy! Nice to read about what you have been accomplishing (love that kitty photo!)