Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's Looking Up!

Hooray!! My Knitpicks yarn finally arrived!! YESTERDAY! I have to say, I'm still not pleased with the time it took...16 days from order to delivery!! If this is normal service from them, I'm not entirely sure the hassle is worth the savings. I haven't taken a picture, but it IS gorgeous yarn.

I finally found a box for my SP downstream's package today...came home, wrapped like crazy, taped up the package, grabbed my wallet, ran out of the house, dodged traffic to get across the street (in the car), parked, ran into the post office, grabbed a label, wrote it while she ran the package and set up my postage, paid, slapped the label on the box, stepped back, and watched them close the gate. Yep, it was that close. But, it's on it's way! Can't wait till it's received...some nifty fun stuff in there :)

Follow that up by coming home to check MY mailbox, which I hadn't had time for previously, and found a postcard from MY Secret Pal!! Thanks Tundra, it's great!

On further examination (and with a little help from my friends), I see that this lovely "Pioneer Postcard" was manufactured in Canada...and mailed from the greater Toronto area ;) I thought the lilac soap card was a great idea, since clearly sending lilacs would not be possible this time of year...well, probably not any time of year actually, but especially not now.

In other news, I finished the third Guidepost sweater - the blue one! I'm onto number 4 now. This one is green and green/yellow/blue/white variegated. It's going very quickly...started it on Sunday and I'm almost done with the body now! It helps that it's the smallest size :)

No comments: