Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ever So Slowly Retaking My Life

Friends from Georgia have come and gone. I was going to try to put up at least one of my overdue posts this evening, but, well, not happening. Six adults and four little ones. My energy is just sapped.

Did get to work on Guidepost sweater #3. Have used up a number of different balls of various shades of blue yarns. Am up to halfway on one side of the chest/sleeves. Looking forward to a quiet, simple, knitting meeting tomorrow night to just veg.

Still waiting on the yarn from KnitPicks. Checked their website today and it says ETA on the 11th! Jeepers, how the heck do they ship that stuff, by turtle? UPS usually only takes 4 days or so via ground, USPS isn't too bad either... This was shipped on 10/2 with an estimated delivery of 10/11! Oh, and since I can't tell how they shipped it, I also don't know how to expect to receive it...whether I'm looking in my mailbox, trying to be home to receive a knock on the door, or needing to be home by 6pm to get it from the office before they close...

And yes Tundra, I finally figured out approximately what size vest I'm making...it looks like I'll need around 2800 6/0 beads! Wow! Haven't had a chance to look for them yet, but thinking an irridescent green would look great with the maroon yarn. Maybe something that shows up a variety of different shades and colors, but also reflects and changes a bit with the yarn it's up against.

In other news, those who are following my love life (and know that it's currently non-existent) will be intrigued to know that carrying around a 9mo old for a week has me thinking more and more about the possibilities of motherhood...perhaps even if it means single-motherhood! I know, I know, very difficult, very strong statement, but, well, it's out there...

I really will do the Fiber Fest review and Baby Shower recap soon, it's just that I can't manage it tonight, sorry...

1 comment:

Batty said...

OMG, 2800 beads! And I thought Odessa had lots with only 150. You are a brave woman!