Thursday, April 05, 2007

Knit / Spin In Announcement

You may have already seen this, but if not...

The Knit or Knot Guild of Orlando invites you to
Our Second Annual
Knit and Spin Because We Can Day
Saturday, May 5, 2007
10am to 4pm
First Baptist Church of Oviedo
45 West Broadway Street
Oviedo, FL 32765

Come join us for a great day of fun, knitting, spinning, sharing and learning! Bring a sack lunch and a reusable mug, snacks and drinks will be provided!
Agenda for the day:

Show ‘n Share
Knitting/Spinning Instruction
(Drop spindle kits available for a nominal fee – learn to spin TODAY!)
Trade Table
(Yarn or other supplies that you don’t want but want to find a good home? Bring them along!)
For Sale Table
(Label items with your name and sale price)
Yankee Swap
(A few balls of a special yarn, a pattern book or two, some roving… Think something YOU would love to receive – Wrap it up (a paper bag works just fine – nothing see through) and we’ll do an exchange! Tons of fun, go home with something new to inspire you!)

For Questions, Additional Information, or to RSVP, contact Jody
*************************************
I had a seed of an idea planted yesterday... My apt complex is in the process of building a "town center" area. It's actually very nice, and there will be quite a few shops there. Walked over last night to have dinner at Quizno's, our very first tenant to open. While I was there, I walked around the remaining area to see the "Coming Soon" signs that had been put up in many of the windows. There will be a bakery, a wedding planning store, a shoe store, three sit down restaurants (Indian, Ricky Rito's Latin, and Gator's Dockside Sports bar), a 24 hour Gym, a Tea Room, and a Library!!
The last two are the most exciting to me, because they open up a possibility. As many of you know, I am an active member of at least 5 different knitting groups. The closest groups are 30 minutes away, some of the others 45. The "stretch" meetings that I could attend would be up to an hour or hour and a half away! I've had conversations with various people over the years about how I should start a group closer to my area. The problem is finding a location - compounded by the fact that the majority of my area is predominantly tourist. So, I'm thinking that the Tea Shop might be a nice place to meet once in a while...and if we outgrow that, there is a BEAUTIFUL two story, GIANT library that will be opening up 1500 feet from there.
So, right now it's just a seed of an idea...neither establishment is open yet...the tea room is an empty shell and the library isn't even finished being built.
I'll keep you in the loop!

2 comments:

Kappy111 said...

I have decided to put off the Maryland show until next year...so I will be spinning and knitting with you all!

Kappy111 said...

I have updated mine...so it is your turn!!! :-)