Monday, May 14, 2007

Update on the Jacket

Wow...I need to slow down on the knitting before my wrists give up and fall off!!

The body is done and seamed together. The first sleeve MAY be done. For those of you who saw me start it on Saturday, yes, that's a little scary. Will measure and assess at tonight's meeting and determine if I need to do two more blocks on it, but I think it might be finished.

The other sleeve has been started, but just barely.

Bought a toggle for it on Saturday...have to look at some models to see how toggles are usually attached...

Have a plan for the border, just not sure if I have enough yarn to go all the way around it. Will have to jump in and see.

Other news this weekend?...well, Saturday morning was knitting (seaming actually), Saturday mid-day was a Knitting Potluck and stash reduction at a friend's house (knitted through most of the afternoon), Sunday I spent at Chez Casuelle with Carla, knitting, browsing her fabulous sale items, and visiting with friends, since TWO people from one of my groups showed up with their respective DH's.

Plan is to attach the first sleeve tonight, finish and attach the second by this weekend. That will give me a week to do the borders, tuck in a few ends, cut off a lot of other ends that are already handled, put on the toggle, and block it. Will do a photo shoot with K over Memorial Day weekend so I have full documentation. Plan to post here around the same time that I Express mail it to Vermont.

2 comments:

spinndiva said...

I can't wait to seeeeeeeeeee it!
* sends steel wrist reinforcements*

clumberknits said...

Keep going, you can do it!!

You need to take a little break, though, so I'm tagging you for a Meme ... you're it, check my blog for details!