Monday, September 04, 2006

ARGH!! Planning, packing, and finishing!

Ok, well, I haven't started physically packing yet...but I'm mentally packing...now I just have to get it down on paper so I don't forget all of the things I want to take with me!

  • Camera and battery charger
  • "Pixie Dust" for baby shower
  • Genealogy research docs to work from
  • All the knitted baby stuff
  • My Grape Arbor shawl (checked baggage)
  • New projects (checked and carryon)
  • Books to read
  • My drop spindle for the Fiber Fest
  • A photo that I want to do the Felted image of
  • ...
And I'm sure that's just the partial list! Also cleaning, have to check in with my cat sitter, drop off my ball winder for knitting class prep at the end of the month, do a whole bunch of laundry, including the baby gifts...would really like to do a test wash so I can see for myself that they're not going to all fall apart!! Bibs are done, buttons installed - they look GREAT! Will try to work in a picture in the next day or two... Started curlique's for the tops of the hats finally...about half done on that...they go quick though...

Finally decided what to do next... I wanted something relatively small and compact that wouldn't be too intensive, since I have the Judy Pascale class/vest coming up soon, don't want anything too large... So, the West Orange Knitters had previously decided to do Guidepost Kids Sweaters as a charity project for the year. We had the great fortune to have several different people donate a couple of bags each of acrylic yarn - some of it pretty ancient. Since the patterns are very basic, and very straightforward, these will be a great project to take home with me.

So, I have 4 different sets of yarns for four different sweaters.
  • Solid teal, teal/peach/white variegated, white
  • Dark peach, light peach, cream
  • Bright green, green/yellow/white variegated
  • All sorts of ends of blues and a cream
I'm sure that will be plenty to keep me busy!! I might not actually take all of it...will decide probably based on the fullness of my luggage!

No comments: