Monday, September 25, 2006

Busy Fingers

SOOO Sorry! I know I said I'd try really hard to do some blogging while I was away...but every time I tried to contemplate what to write, there was SO MUCH to say that I couldn't possibly figure out how to consolidate it into the short period of time that I had available to me...

I did get quite a bit of knitting done - mostly while sitting in airports!! Here's my first day of travel! I finished it up just a couple of days later - ok, well, not FINISHED...still need to actually tuck in the ends...but the way I did it, I didn't have to sew ANY seams!! Knit in the round up to the sleeves, backwards loop cast-on sleeves, knit to top. On the back, pick up stitches from the existing side of the sleeves, knit till even, cast off both shoulders together! Super simple.

So, that was the first one. In between I ended up knitting two Mason Dixon Dishclothes and a Mason Dixon Hand Towel. Sadly I forgot to take pictures of those, and no longer have them...more on that later.

On the way home, I started my second sweater when I arrived at the airport at noon...and had a LOT of time to knit. I finally arrived home to my apartment at two minutes after Midnight! Here's what sweater #2 looked like by the time I arrived.

In other news, I decided while I was away to participate in a Secret Pal exchange, so I'm eagerly awaiting my SP Downstream assignment!! The theme for this is Spooky/Fall/Spring SP. Ok, so the spring part is for those "down under"...actually I think I might enjoy doing a spring theme. Fall would be nice too...actually picked up a couple of things while I was away in the event of a fall themed DS. Also just "got back" from setting up a SP email address too :) Can you tell it's my first one and I'm a little excited?

LOTS of vacation news, including Fiber Festival and Baby Shower to come...soon, soon. I need to also make a decision on yarn for the Judy Pascale vest and get that ordered as well. While I found some great stuff at the Fiber Fest, the person who suggested I was unlikely to find the right thing there for my vest was totally correct. Tons of GORGEOUS hand painted wools, alpacas, even llamas....but not a lot of cottony yarns.

1 comment:

KnitChick said...

Thanks for the nudge Tundra! This has been a totally insane week (I've gotten home AFTER midnight for the past three nights) and I needed a prod back to my blog :)