Wednesday, February 20, 2008

SP Package & Trunk Show!!

I got a great new package in the mail from my SP yesterday....

This was my "purple" package!! A really cool sewn sock bag in brilliant bright colors (including purple!), purple tea (Twinings Darjeeling - never tried Darjeeling before, thanks!), a cool heart shaped ornament in purple, and YUMMY purple wrapped dark chocolate! Oh wait, did I mention the purple packaged kitty treats??

It's funny really....Timothy has had treats a few times when he was a kitten, and occasionally over the past 15 years. He adores them and chows down. It's even more exciting if he has to "catch" it. Smokey? He'll go lick at it a bit and then walk away, leaving it where it sits. I've seen him do this with quite a few different kinds of treats. Strange cat. Timothy loved them though, and was more than happy to eat Smokey's portion :)

In other news, we had a trunk show at our knitting meeting tonight from Blue Heron Yarns! What a wonderful array of yarns! Some were mis-dyes, some were closeouts, there were all sorts of different materials, colors, etc. I took my camera to take pictures, and then I got so preoccupied, I forgot to even get it out!!! Everyone had a great time browsing though, and the prices were excellent. Here's a photo of what I got. These were each "Rayon Metallic" yarns, and about 550 yards per skein.


I think the first two will make for a very nice sweater/shell for me. The blue/navy?...will make a DIVINE shawl... And the black...well, it's not quite a true black (which was why it was in the closeout bin), but it's pretty close...and will make a lovely elegant shawl for evening wear, etc. I've been in need of a black shawl for a while, and this one will be just great!

Fun was definitely had by all!!

1 comment:

Batty said...

Great package, and it even came with kitty treats! How great is that? Those are my kitties' favorites. Morgana will growl at her brother if he's anywhere near her treat!