Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Renewal and Rejoicing

Even though you might not realize it from reading this blog, I've gotten myself involved in several new knitting swaps. The first is the Knittyboard SP10 swap. I have great up and downstreams - my first package arrived last week from my upstream. It's a beautiful green package all about renewal, life, and new beginnings!


Look at all of the wonderful loot!!! Stash Green Chai Tea, Amelie, a great Green Notepad, and amazing chocolate (ok, so that's not green, but it's super yummy)! And the best part? Look here:
It's just under 4oz of Corriedale roving, and it's sooooo soft...I almost would have thought it was Merino!! Another spinning friend made the same mistake! It's so luscious, I really want to break it out and start spinning it RIGHT NOW, but I'm afraid that would be a mistake. You see, Patsy Z will be flying in Friday night, and teaching us a class in spinning with color on Saturday!! So, for now I need to keep my bobbins free. After the class is over though, all bets are off.

In amazingly coincidental theming, here's a sneak peak of one of the many things I have planned for my DOWNSTREAM! Oh, and I finished some spinning for her this week too...again, realized on Saturday that I had to empty my bobbins!


I've hatched several plans for my downstream...in fact, I have most everything planned out!! Now I'm just in need of a package of supplies that I'm waiting on.

As to the rejoicing part? That new knitting group we started? Our first "regularly scheduled" meeting had NINE people in attendance!!! Hooray!

No comments: