Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Disaster

Woke up this morning...cat yak on the bathroom floor. Cleaned that up... In the living room...more cat yak...but this one was wet cotton string... Wondered what string I'd left laying around, because I really do try hard to pick them all up.... Hhmmm...that cord is braided white cotton...like candlewicking. Quick glance to Phebe - uh oh...no drive band... A further look? Remainder of the drive band stretched across the floor... All I can do is hope that no significant pieces were permanently ingested... :( I didn't exactly measure the length of wet chewed band...

*sigh*

We'd been doing so well. But this is probably my fault, since the food dishes are rather empty right now... NEED to stop on my way home tonight. THEN I'll need to slice and prep a new drive band :(

5 comments:

Spotted_T_Apps said...

I am a spinner in Cocoa, FL. I am fairly new to the area and was wondering if there are any fiber festivals around? I buy roving on the internet, but miss going and fondling all of the lovely fibers and picking out something special. I'd love any input you have as you are obviously immersed in the fiber world here.

Thanks! - spottedtapp@yahoo.com

lkmanitou said...

Oh no! I hope your kitty is ok!

Kappy111 said...

Poor Smokey!!! I am sure I guess the right kitty...Looks like you will have to take the drive band off the wheel and wind it around the spindle after using it.

KnitChick said...

Actually, I think you're wrong... I don't have any evidence, but I would guess it was Timothy... he's the one who likes to chew ribbons...but then again, Smokey has chewed through other yarns in the past... it's so hard to tell. The evidence was all hidden under cover of darkness...so by the time I woke up in the morning it was a done deal.

cyndy said...

OH NO! Does the phrase "this too shall pass" seem inappropriate here?

My kitty was bad today too..."smooshing" the Alpaca fiber in my basket...grrrrrr....