Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It Has to Get Worse Before It Gets Better...

Someone made this comment yesterday, and it's OH so true...

The arrival of Phebe has prompted me to make some changes to my space. With all of the yarn, books, etc, it's been rather cluttered.

I made a trip to Ikea on Sunday to check it out, see what they had, etc. I've decided on this shelving unit (probably in Black-Brown) to help me get organized. I'm also going to pick up a couple of these baskets for several of the shelves, to help organize random things that tend to float around.

So, in the meantime, all boxes, books, etc have been removed from the "target area" of the apartment...which means they are stacked in a big pile in my hallway. There are stacks near the utility close that will go up in the top, replacing yarn and fiber which will come down into the "new yarn room". Yes, that's basically what the shelf will be.

L is meeting me at Ikea, we're loading this stuff into her truck, then coming home, assembling, moving, etc. I did take before pics...so maybe I'll share before and after once this odyssey is complete.

Nope, haven't been knitting or spinning in the last two days...too busy trying to get the apartment ready for tonight.

2 comments:

Batty said...

When I was a kid, I noticed that there's a special stage when you've already spent time and effort cleaning up your room... and it looks worse than when you started. It's an amazing phenomenon. To this very day, I find that cleaning to a certain point makes the house look messier, even though I rationally know it's cleaner. It's the weirdest thing. I wonder if the clean spots make the messy spots look worse.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that shelving unit! My daughter Beth had one of those before she moved. So cool. I was actually thinking of getting one of them when I move to a more permanent home. I think it would look good in my studio, filled with yarn and glass rods. Oooh! All the color.