Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Got an Owl!!!

Yes, I said an Owl...(That's Harry Potter for "a package"!). In true Knitty swap fashion, I've joined the Harry Potter swap for people who are eager to prepare and get excited for the arrival of the Order of the Phoenix movie and Deathly Hallows book. In addition to sharing the excitement with others and knitting for my swap pal (shhhhh!), I'm also re-reading. Finished #2, The Chamber of Secrets, last night. Picked up Prisoner of Azkaban tonight and started it over dinner!

Penny sent me this great package. It contains a handmade needle caddy in GORGEOUS purple and green flowered prints, with a matching notions bag. In the notions bag were two YUMMY lemon lavender candles!

Here's a closeup so you can see the prints. There are three different fabrics, and they compliment each other beautifully!

I have to say though, I think THE BEST part of this package was my letter!! Look at the amazing envelope that it came in! It's beautiful hand made paper with great texture and leaves and everything! The calligraphied note was a nice touch :) Thanks Penny!!


Well, several of you have asked me, and the answer is, I know nothing. Well, ok, not QUITE nothing, but pretty close. As I said in my last post, it was received at noon on Thursday. Unfortunately, while that WAS in time for the contest, it was NOT in time to be taken for display at TNNA. I did get a few more pictures of the jacket before I sent it off however. Here's one of the front. Not as clean as the ones in my photoshoot, but at least my eyes are open and there aren't really any shadows!

Here's a full shot of the back, laid out on the floor.

And one of the front.


And yes, of course you'll be the first (well, maybe second) to know if I hear anything.

4 comments:

cpurl17 said...

That jacket is simply gorgeous!!!

Cute Owl package!

Batty said...

Nice goodies!

I'm impressed every time I see that jacket. It's so amazing you did it in about 2 months. You are incredible! I bow before your superior knit fu, it is strong indeed.

maryannlucy said...

That jacket is fab...beautiful colours.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. DD and I were VERY excited to see that you are in Orlando, and so near to such wonderful holiday memories for us.

Thanks for the intro to your blog, and happy birthday soon, to a fellow cancerian ;-)

spinndiva said...

it is so pretty.. the jacket..I am impressed every time!
and I love your floors! cool flower carpet!