Sunday, July 23, 2006

Does this look right??


Started on the afghan this afternoon...the stitch pattern is VERY open. I'm not entirely sure it's appropriate for a newborn either... I'm a little afraid that they would get their little fingers caught in the open-ness of the pattern. Besides which, it's very hard to count rows...since the row definition is so bad. The full width picture shows the whole 8 1/4" block, while the second focuses in a bit more on the details of the pattern. I would LOVE some feedback on this, cause I'm not entirely happy with it...may very well switch to a different pattern.

There is one on the yarn jacket that's actually pretty close to what I had in mind I think...except I just looked inside and realized it's a crochet pattern...I could always do it in garter stitch though...

Or, let's see, here are a couple of the other patterns that I really liked when I was looking today...

The Knit Crossword Afghan is very interesting...
Would cut back on the size. I would want to spell Love Baby or something on it though, and you can't really cross those like a crossword. Ideas for what could be crossed?

The Leftover Afghan is also nice, and would be very simple to knit. I don't want color to go all the way across though, I really prefer the idea of blocks of some sort...

The Short Rows Afghan also appeals to me to a certain degree. Remember, we're talking bright kiddy colors...actually, the colors I picked out are almost the exact same ones shown in the Caron pattern.

For that matter, the Knit Tiles Afghan would work just like the one that I'm trying to do, but with a better actual knit pattern...

I would LOVE some feedback...I don't have time to wait until next weekend...need to get crackin' on this!

No comments: