Thursday, July 13, 2006

Knit, knit, knit...

We had a going away luncheon today for a co-worker who is picking up her family and moving to South Carolina. The movers come tomorrow, they should get into the new house Tuesday. ...Oh, wait...not really relevant... what IS relevant is that I took my newest knitting project with me to lunch. Actually, I cast on on the way to the restaurant! Kind of a fun cast on really...it's the Emily Ocker Cast On which is a nifty little cast on where you crochet the cast on around a loop of the leading tail. Once you're well into the project, you can tug on the tail and snug up the cast on! Simple, elegant, and very tidy. This is a perfect cast on for circular projects, knit in the round, from the center out.

Today's project is a nifty little hat made out of some Koigu that I bought a couple of months ago. The color is a combination of pinks and purples. It's knitting up beautifully and I'm looking forward to completing it to see how it comes out.

Won't be able to knit on Saturday, but someone just reminded me that there's a Sunday meeting! Hooray, I'll get to knit with friends this weekend afterall! Will also help, since I have about a week to a week and a half to complete this hat! I'll show you a picture sometime after it's completed.

Brain is rambling in no particular logical order right now, so I fear it's time for me to go for the night...Hope to see you all again real soon!

No comments: