Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday, Sweet Saturday!

Have I mentioned how much a LOVE my Saturday Knitting meetings?? It's a great bunch of people, with lots of awesome ideas, and it's totally MY day! So, I can knit, enjoy, chat, go to lunch, and I don't have to feel like I have to run home and get to sleep since I have to work the next day... It really is the ideal day to knit because not only do I get to enjoy Saturday, but I can get excited about other projects, and I still have Sunday to follow through on them! For those of you following the Log Cabin Baby Blanket...it's growing! I've decided two things about the blanket. 1) Each of the squares will have a unique center square color. 2) Each of the squares will use only 6 of the 7 colors in the overall afghan.

As for the baby shower, the invitations are planned out...will need to print them. So, that combined with the fact that I've been out of printer ink for the last year or so...well, went shopping at Office Depot today...and found something I wasn't really aware of before...REFILL KITS! Anybody ever tried them? I'm hoping they work well...a little concerned because the cartridges haven't been used in so long, but, well... I'm told I have 14 days to return for a full refund if it doesn't work :(

Also on the subject of the baby shower and the Log Cabin afghan, I picked up a copy of Mason Dixon Knitting at B&N on Tuesday just to check out what was in it. Now, I have to say, I'm usually not one that's too into knitting books. Most of them have a whole lotta crappy patterns that I could never see myself actually knitting... NOT THIS ONE!! What an AWESOME, and FUNCTIONAL collection of patterns! I've heard the text is also very interesting, though so far I just keep looking at the pictures and haven't actually read any of it yet. However, I NOW OWN IT, so I'll be doing some reading very soon!

Sorry B&N...actually had planned to buy it at Amazon, but then thought it through... 33% off at Amazon, then I either have to buy something else to get up to the $25 free shipping level, or else I have to pay shipping... Alternative? 25% off >$20 purchase at Borders - and Tax Free at that! Probably about the same price as paying shipping at Amazon, but I have it in my hot little hands RIGHT NOW!

So, what's the first thing I'm going to knit from M/D Knitting? Well, aside from the Log Cabin Afghan that I'm already knitting... I LOVE the Bib and Burp Cloth patterns!! Cute and simple! So, since Michael's has Sugar 'N Cream on sale for $1 a ball... I do have a whole box of it already, but, well...I just couldn't resist. I think this will make some great Bibs n Cloths!!

No comments: